Friday, January 11, 2008

Lefse - The Equipment

LEFSE GRIDDLE AND POTATOES

Bethany Homes certainly has the market on lefse accessories. Side note: there is a very noticeable difference between MN potatoes and NC potatoes, the latter being much more dry and producing much drier lefse.


Top: Corrugated Lefse Rolling Pin

Below: Lefse Sock (covers rolling pin) and Pastry Cloth - again, note Bethany Homes branding and the inclusion of "lefse" as one of the stipulated items

Left: Lefse Stick - these are always, always, painted in the same manner. If you're Swedish, you have a blue & yellow one. Grandma also used a yardstick with a tapered end.

GRIDDLE

Showing signs of use. I recommend placing a heatproof cutting board underneath, because this baby runs at full power (500 degrees) at all times. Just ask Rob's mom's counter top ...

COOLING RACK AND BRUSH


APRON

The OFFICIAL Barnesville, MN Potato Days Lefse Cook-off Apron. Please try to contain your jealousy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok. I can contain my jealousy, but only just. I'm from New England, now in SE Minnesota, and I've discovered the fun of lefse, and the fun of making it with friends. I was googling for pictures of the equipment, so I don't have to haul out the camera for a re-post, and your blog came right up. So you'll be linked!

Thanks for your blog.
-Jennifer