Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Acting - Without Multicolor Spandex This Time

I've been focusing on my craft so much these past 6 weeks it hurts. Between keytars, random sewing projects, and the garden I've been keeping busy. In addition, I've been taking a fantastic acting class at Manbites Dog in Durham. Tonight is our final class, and my partner and I will be performing our scene from The Beauty Queen of Leenane by Matthew McDonagh. We play an Irish mother and daughter and, according to the internetz, we look like this:



So, it's a far cry from the full-body zentai suit that I wore last year for Balzac. Every actor has his/her crutch - perhaps Spandex is mine. At any rate, any interested parties should definitely check out the next performance at Manbites Dog: Goin' A Buffalo, by Ed Bullins. If their last show, the amazing Fistful of Love, was any indication, Goin' A Buffalo should be on your must-see list. Support your local theater! Or "theatre," if you must.

No comments: