Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summertime Threads

I hate summer. There's really no sugar-coating it. When it gets hot, all I want to do is stay inside - yet I still feel the need to be productive. Thank goodness for sewing.

Here's the latest from my cache of '70s patterns. These collars are flippin' HUGE. Jeez. The name of this fabric is "Mod Circles." Now I just need a bouffant hairdo, some white boots, and I'll be set like Jell-o.








We were in the midst of a crazy downpour when these photos were taken. This picture cracks me up.



The original pattern (on the right). I decided to go sleeveless - though I do love the sleeves here:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! And your garden is amazing. Puts my one measly tomato plant to shame. :)
-sjs

debby said...

love the dress. don't forget to keep me posted when you decide to start selling these, i would love to have one of my own.

Rose Candela said...

i really enjoy your blog, being from the south and now in the midwest it is an interesting perspective on the difference in climate--literally. kudos to you on your garden and the canning, it rocks!