Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good Eats

Even though it's hard for me to be outside this time of the year, I can find ample solace in the delicious food that the garden provides. Our Carmen peppers have been amazing this year. We've even allowed them to go red on the vine, which added additional sweetness. This one starred in a Wheat Berry & Red Lentil salad that I made recently.



Behind the fresh veg is the ice cream maker. I hadn't used this bad boy since college. A recent trip to Rob's grandma's house yielded a gigantic bowl of fresh blueberries (that we picked!). I've frozen a bunch of them for future use and made the rest into blueberry puree. So far we've made two batches of blueberry ice cream, and I'd still like to try the blueberry brulee recipe in Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian." Delicious!

No comments: