Sunday, August 24, 2008

One Of These Days

Oh, the skeletons in the closet. The dust bunnies under the bed. Those projects you expected to finish - and by all accounts easily *could* have finished - 4 months ago. These shirts have been hanging in my kitchen/sewing area since May. I was all whipped up in a froth to finish them in one weekend. And then came the last step - sewing on 2 buttons. Have I done it yet? Haaail no.




"Place Button Here." I was actually pleased with how the epaulets turned out, after a less-than successful attempt with my "Janie" shirt.

Part of my less-than-fervent desire to finish these has to stem from the fact that I'm unhappy with their fit. They are based off this pattern (on the right), which I bought way back when - before I learned how to read a pattern.



Once again, sized way too big for the likes of me and I'm not yet adept enough to easily customize the fit. Plus, as much as I like these two colors together, the two fabrics don't mesh very well. the pink is really soft (a light cotton blend), and the turquoise is a stiffer linen-y fabric. So, on the pink shirt especially, the stiff bust-area piece just accentuates the fact that there's nothing happening upstairs. Whaddya gonna do /shrug/ .

I still like these pieces conceptually, and if I ever opened a diner you'd better believe the wait staff would all be wearing these shirts.

No comments: